BFA in Art - Art Education
Our comprehensive and balanced undergraduate art education program leads to the all-level (EC-12) certification. In addition to providing you with competencies in art education commensurate with the guidelines and standards of the Texas Education Agency, the Texas Art Education Association and the National Art Education Association, our program also will foster a broad knowledge of art history, art criticism, aesthetics and studio art production, while teaching you to apply that knowledge in a classroom setting.
When you apply to TWU, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores. Admission to TWU is valid for four terms, unless you have attended another higher education institution.
Check out the links below for specific admissions information:
- How to apply
- Freshman Student Admissions
- Transfer Student Admissions
- International Student Admissions
- Other Types of Undergraduate Admissions
Questions about the admissions process? Contact the Office of Admissions Processing.
Office of Admissions Processing
Texas Woman’s University
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204-5649
940-898-3076 or 1-866-809-6130 ext. 3076
Admission to the Educator Preparation Program
In addition to the general undergraduate admissions requirements, to obtain acceptance into the undergraduate Educator Preparation Program (and prior to taking EDUC 3003, EDUC 3482, EDUC 4113, EDUC 4243, and Clinical Student Teaching) students must have:
- A cumulative GPA of 2.75 (includes all courses, whether posted to TWU transcript or used on a degree plan. Excludes developmental and repeated courses);
- Completed EDUC 2003 with a C or better;
- Demonstrated basic skills in reading, written communication, and mathematics by meeting the requirements of the Texas Success Initiative;
- Completed the Digital Literacy Pre-assessment;
- Successfully completed a pre-admission departmental interview with an interview panel;
- A minimum of 12 to 15 semester credit hours in the subject-specific content area for the certification sought;
- Completed department application for admission to the Educator Preparation Program;
- Completed a Commitment Contract acknowledging awareness and understanding of the Dispositions Policy and Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Submitted a non-refundable Texas Education Agency Fee; and
- Acknowledged and accepted admission to the Educator Preparation Program.
- All accepted students must maintain the admission requirements to remain in the TWU Education Preparation Program.
- Admission requirements are determined by Texas Education Agency policies and are subject to change without notice.
- Students seeking Bilingual certification must meet minimum proficiency in Spanish.
- Students seeking Deaf/Hard of Hearing certification must meet minimum proficiency in sign.
The BFA in Art with EC-12 Art Education Certification prepares educator candidates for the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) exam (State Board for Educator Certification) through the Texas Education Agency. If you are a resident of another state, contact the Office of Educator Preparation Services to determine whether our program fulfills requirements to take the certification exam in your home state.
Page last updated 2:29 PM, March 15, 2021