Apply for Spring 2020 Election Positions
Deadline: January 31 at 11:59 pm
Current TWU students may apply for spring elections by completing the following:
- Submit application
- All candidates must attend one of the Mandatory Election Code Meetings.
January 31, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
February 4, 4:00 - 5:00 pm
February 5, 4:00 - 5:00 pm
- Voting will be held online on Pioneer Engage from Monday, March 2 at 8:00 am through Thursday, March 5 at 3:00 pm.
- Election results will be announced via phone call Thursday, March 5 starting at 4:00 pm. Results will be posted for the public on our social media pages and website by Friday, March 6.
- All candidates must campaign!
- Campaigning begins Monday, February 10.
- Copies of all campaign material must be submitted to the Election Commission prior to being posted. You must submit them to the Center for Student Development located on the 1st floor of the Student Union, or submit your materials to SGA Elections.
- All campaign materials must follow University and election code policies (election code policy can be found under Additional information).
- All elected candidates must attend a transition meeting. (Dates TBA)
- All elected candidates must attend the SGA Banquet on Friday, April 24 at 6:00 pm.
- All campaign material must be removed by Friday, March 6.
- Qualifications, duties, and responsibilities for each SGA position can be found in the 2019 SGA Qualifications (pdf).
- All candidates and election procedures are bound by the SGA Elections Code (pdf).
- All complaints must be filed to the SGA Election Committee.
scroll to see the full table⇨
|November 4||Application Open on Pioneer Engage @ 8:00 am|
|January 31||Applications due on Pioneer Engage @ 5:00 pm|
|January 31||Mandatory Election Code Meeting 12:00 - 1:00 pm|
|February 4||Mandatory Election Code Meeting 4:00 - 5:00 pm|
|February 5||Mandatory Election Code Meeting 4:00 - 5:00 pm|
|February 9||Elections Ballot Released @ 8:00 am online and on social media|
|February 10||Campaigning begins @ 8:00 am|
|March 5||Campaigning Ends @ 3:00 pm|
|March 2||Voting begins @ 8:00 am on Pioneer Engage|
|March 5||Voting closes @ 3:00 pm|
|March 5||Positions announces starting @ 4:00 pm via phone call|
Page last updated 3:02 PM, October 31, 2019