Benefits and Scholarships
Texas Woman’s reestablished an on-campus Army ROTC presence in fall 2018 with the opening of the ROTC building. Additionally, the university is committed to ensuring that our ROTC students succeed by providing two unique opportunities:
- Scholarships - TWU will provide up to four new scholarships annually to assist students with housing, lessening the need for student loans. For information about TWU specific scholarships, contact SFC McAndrew at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-898-3163.
- Acceptance - A limited number of TWU Army ROTC students who meet the minimum requirements for the TWU Nursing program will be GUARANTEED admission to TWU’s very competitive Nursing program.
The Army ROTC alone provides $274 million in scholarship money to more than 13,000 students each year, according to the U.S. Army Cadet Command. In addition to TWU scholarships, ROTC students are encouraged to apply other scholarships. Some of these include:
- Four-Year Scholarships
- Army Nursing Scholarships
- Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) Scholarships
- Green-to-Gold Scholarships
- Online Scholarship Application for High School Students
- Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program
Army ROTC is widely regarded as the best leadership course in the world, and opportunities for specialized training will provide you with exciting, challenging experiences that most people never get.
Page last updated 11:15 AM, October 21, 2019