"Leader Readers" are a publication of the Center for Student Development. "Leader Readers" provide useful information to you as a student leader or to your student organization. These handouts are free of charge and can be added to your own leadership library. If you don't see a topic that fits your need, let us know and we'll be happy to round up the information for you! Print them out from the list below or visit us in the Center for Student Development, 1st floor of the Student Union, and pick up your copies today!
Characteristics of Leaders
Expanding Our Comfort Zones
Recognizing Your Leadership Style
Creating Effective Promotions
Working With Advisors
Working With University Administration
The ABC’s of Event Planning
Let the Center for Student Development staff guide your student organization in the right direction! The CSD staff is a resource designed to meet the needs of your student organization.
Does your student organization need help with publicizing your events? Do you want your student organization members to work better as a group? Looking to increase your effectiveness as a leader?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Leadership Consulting can help you!
Leadership Consulting can address your student organization with an interactive and engaging presentation to help your student organization be more successful.
How does our student organization sign up?
- Review the list of workshop topics available.
- Contact the Center for Student Development at least two (2) weeks in advance of the date you are requesting.
- Your request will be reviewed by one of the Leadership Consultants.
- Your student organization will be contacted to confirm a date, time, location and the workshop topic.
- Characteristics of Leaders
- Challenging Members
- Expanding Our Comfort Zones
- Recognizing Your Leadership Styles
- Goal Setting
- Creating Effective Promotions
- Retreat Planning
- Working with Advisers
- Working with University Administrators
- The ABC's of Event Planning
- Time Management
Too busy to have a Leadership Consultant speak to your student organization? If so, you can still get valuable information. Just stop by the CSD and pick up a copy of a “Leader Reader”. These one page resources are designed to give your student organization great tips and helpful information to be a successful student organization.
If you are interested, contact the Center for Student Development at 940-898-3626
Page last updated 4:47 PM, February 8, 2018