Get to Know Our Campuses
Denton, Texas is located 40 miles north of Dallas and is a growing city that is filled with fun events!
It’s a college town with two neighboring universities: Texas Woman’s University (main campus) and The University of North Texas. Denton is a lively town full of art, music, community-serving opportunities, diverse food, and shops to explore.
Things to do in Denton:
- Explore the town square and try popular local restaurants such as Greenhouse Restaurant, The Chestnut Tree, LSA Burger Co, Barley & Board, and Rusty Taco.
- Check out the Golden Triangle Mall and Denton Crossing shopping areas.
- Looking for a night out at the cinema? Go to Alamo Drafthouse or Cinemark 14 to catch the latest films!
- Craving some time in nature? Take a walk at North Lakes Park, just minutes away from TWU.
- Want to volunteer at the animal shelter or at other Denton community events? Find opportunities at: Volunteer | Denton, TX
Dallas is a large city and the most populous in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex.
There is much to do for TWU Dallas students. The city has a population of many ethnic and religious backgrounds, and WalletHub named Dallas the ninth most diverse city in the United States in 2023. Dallas has the largest contiguous arts district in the United States.
Things to do in Dallas:
- Explore the Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens.
- The Sixth Floor Museum is worth a visit if you’re interested in American history, especially U.S. presidents such as John F. Kennedy.
- Reunion Tower is a fun way to get a full view of the city as you take an elevator ride up to the top of the tower for a 360 degree view of the city.
- Take a trip to The Dallas World Aquarium to see great aquatic life.
- Head to Arlington to Six Flags Over Texas, go to the AT&T Stadium to watch the Dallas Cowboys play, or to see a concert there with your friends.
Check out TWU’s Houston campus, located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center.
Houston is the most populous city in Texas and is known for its great shopping centers, concert venues, fine arts, and diverse dining options. Nicknamed the "Bayou City", "Space City", "H-Town", and "the 713", Houston has become a global city, with strengths in culture, medicine, and research.
Things to do in Houston:
- Tour the Houston Museum District, which is only a mile away from TWU’s Houston campus.
- In the mood for shopping? Go to The Galleria Mall, a large shopping center that has various dining options, stores, and even an ice skating rink!
- Visit the popular NASA Space Center and see interesting spacecraft and space mission exhibits.
- Check out the Cockrell Butterfly Center and immerse yourself in the world of butterflies.
Page last updated 3:01 PM, November 15, 2023