TWU’s Center for Women Entrepreneurs Announces Microgrant Awardees
November 11, 2019 — DENTON — Texas Woman’s University’s Center for Women Entrepreneurs announced the recipients of its annual microgrant program.
The following awardees received $5,000 each to start or expand their businesses:
- Cary Broussard, Broussard Global, Dallas
- Amy Choi, Ready Set Grow, McKinney
- Courtney Gumbleton, Locavore, Fort Worth
- Michaela Herndon, MHerndon Enterprises LLC, Desoto
- Amanda Hueneke, Hello Imprint LLC, Frisco
- Leah Johnson, LJ Artisan Designs, Argyle
- Ashley Lynn Rideout, QT Activity Kits, Providence Village
- Jennifer Seay, Art + Artisans Consulting, Austin
- Lynn Taylor Green, Taylor Made Careers LLC, Round Rock
- Lynn Wilford, Cheeza Pleeza, Bedford
Grant funding will be used for the purchase of machinery, equipment or technology, acquisition of new inventory or raw materials, purchase and installation of fixtures or display units, property improvements, marketing or other business-related activity that is aligned with the purpose of the program. The enterprise had to be an existing or to-be-formed woman-owned, for-profit business with five or fewer employees.
Awardees are required to complete a small business training course hosted by the CWE in order to receive funding. The course will cover topics such as business plan development, marketing, legal and accounting and financing.
“The Center for Women Entrepreneurs was proud to be able to utilize this program to support and encourage women-owned businesses in Texas to undertake new and innovative projects,” said Shannon Mantaro, director of the Center for Women Entrepreneurs.
About TWU’s Center for Women Entrepreneurs
Texas Woman’s University’s Center for Women Entrepreneurs is the state’s only university center dedicated to women’s entrepreneurship and business ownership. The CWE provides the tools for woman-owned businesses to succeed including access to training, funding, coaching, networking events and mentoring opportunities for prospective business owners and students. To learn more, visit twu.edu/cwe or call 940-898-2895.
Digital Content Manager
Page last updated 10:58 AM, November 21, 2019