Federation of North Texas Area Universities
Established in 1968 to promote inter-institutional collaboration, the Federation provides TWU degree-seeking graduate students access to the combined graduate course offerings of three major universities and the convenience of seamless cross-registration with the assistance of Federation Representatives in each graduate school. When taking courses through the Federation, TWU students earn TWU credit; the courses appear on their TWU transcript, and they pay TWU tuition.
Summer and Fall 2023 registration
Please be aware that submission of an enrollment request does not guarantee registration. Requests may be denied due to courses filling up, students not meeting appropriate prerequisites, or other course institution program requirements and restrictions.
Finally, Summer and Fall sessions at UNT and Texas A&M-Commerce may begin earlier than those at TWU.
Graduate students from A&M-Commerce, TWU and UNT who are admitted to a master’s or doctoral program or pursuing certification may cross-register in graduate level courses that are being used toward their current degree program.
- UNT begins registration on Monday March 20, 2023
- TWU begins registration on Tuesday March 28, 2023
- A&M-C begins registration on Monday March 20, 2023
Please allow 5-10 business days for your request to be processed. Below is a list of priority deadlines to submit a registration request by. Students who submit after the priority deadline are not guaranteed enrollment by the start of the term. This may result in late registration fees. Requests submitted on or after TWU’s late registration deadline will not be processed.
- Summer 2023, 3-Week, 7-Week, 13-Week: May 1, 2023
- Summer 2023, 5-Week 1, 10-Week: May 22, 2023
- Summer 2023, 6-Week: June 19, 2023
- Summer 2023, 5-Week 2: June 26, 2023
- Fall 2023: August 14, 2023
- Select your class from the Class Schedules:
* A&M-Commerce Schedule of Classes (Select term from the drop-down menu.)
* UNT Schedule of Classes (Under Option 1, choose public online class search)
- Check with your graduate advisor to confirm that the class you wish to take will meet your specific program requirements.
- Submit your request using the online cross-registration form
You will receive confirmation from the TWU Federation Representative when your enrollment is complete. *Please allow 5–10 business days for your request to be processed.
- Review the Federation FAQ page for additional information
UNT students should go to the Federation Registration Information page to register for courses at A&M-Commerce or TWU.
A&M-Commerce students should contact Ms. DeRene Sutton (903-886-5163 or DeRene.Sutton@tamuc.edu) to register for courses at UNT or TWU.
Page last updated 12:16 PM, March 24, 2023