Federation of North Texas Area Universities
Established in 1968 to promote inter-institutional collaboration, the Federation provides TWU degree-seeking graduate students access to the combined graduate course offerings of three major universities and the convenience of seamless cross-registration with the assistance of Federation Representatives in each graduate school. When taking courses through the Federation, TWU students earn TWU credit; the courses appear on their TWU transcript, and they pay TWU tuition.
Summer & Fall 2024 registration
Please be aware that submission of an enrollment request does not guarantee registration.
Requests may be denied due to courses filling up, students not meeting appropriate prerequisites, or other course institution program requirements and restrictions. Students are responsible for ensuring that they have taken any required prerequisites.
Finally, Spring sessions at UNT and Texas A&M-Commerce may begin earlier than those at TWU.
Graduate students from A&M-Commerce, TWU and UNT who are admitted to a master’s, doctoral, or graduate certificate program may cross-register in graduate level courses that are being used toward their current degree program.
- A&M-C begins registration on Monday March 18, 2024
- UNT begins registration on Monday March 18, 2024
- TWU begins registration on Tuesday March 26, 2024
Please allow 5-10 business days for your request to be processed.
- Select your class from the Class Schedules:
* A&M-Commerce Schedule of Classes (Select term from the drop-down menu.)
* UNT Schedule of Classes (Under Option 1, choose public online class search)
- Check with your graduate advisor to confirm that the class you wish to take will meet your specific program requirements.
- Submit your request using the online cross-registration form
You will receive confirmation from the TWU Federation Representative when your enrollment is complete. *Please allow 5–10 business days for your request to be processed.
- Review the Federation FAQ page for additional information
Should go to the Federation Registration Information page to register for courses at A&M-Commerce or TWU.
Should contact Ms. DeRene Sutton (903-886-5163 or DeRene.Sutton@tamuc.edu) to register for courses at UNT or TWU.
Page last updated 2:58 PM, February 8, 2024