Graduate Courses for Educator Leaders
The primary goal of Tier 3 is to prepare educator leaders across all content areas to become champions for their ELLs and ELLs’ families, and mentors to their colleagues at their respective schools.
ELLevate! educators in this tier take three specially-designed university courses in the Department of Teacher Education, Bilingual and English as a Second Language Education Program Area that integrate each of ELLevate!’s three components: language, literacy, and engagement. All of the courses are tailored to the needs of each participating high school and, for that reason, are restricted to only the 15 educator leaders from each school. A key requirement of the courses, and a sustainability-building factor of the project, is for participants to design professional development for their existing professional learning communities at their schools.
The scholarship that ELLevate! provides for Tier 3 participants includes:
- Tuition and fees for 3 graduate courses (est. $4,200)
- Stipend for textbooks, computer, application fee reimbursement ($5,000)
Faculty and professional staff of Denton High School and Braswell High School are eligible to apply for this professional development tier provided they:
- Receive recommendation from their school Principal or immediate supervisor,
- Are admitted to Texas Woman’s University, and
- Are permanent residents or citizens of the United States
Page last updated 12:47 PM, May 17, 2023