Fixed Tuition Rate Plan
Fall 2021 - Spring 2022 Fixed Rate: $267.42 per credit hour(includes $50 statutory tuition)
Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 Fixed Rate: $251.93 per credit hour(includes $50 statutory tuition)
Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 Fixed Rate: $245.87 per credit hour (includes $50 statutory tuition)
Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 Fixed Rate: $243.66 per credit hour (includes $50 statutory tuition)
The Fixed Tuition Price Plan applies to Board Designated Tuition only. Other assessed designated tuition surcharges and mandatory fees are not included in the Fixed Tuition Price Plan and are subject to change at any time. The Fixed Tuition Price Plan Rate will be set at a higher rate than the current Board Designated Tuition standard rate and will not increase during the eligible period.
A Fixed Tuition Price Plan Rate will be established for the fall and spring semester of each fiscal year. This will be the Fixed Board Designated Tuition rate for those entering during the fall and spring semester of that fiscal year. Students who start in the summer will be classified as a part of the upcoming fall academic year. Contact the Registrar's Office for enrollment into the Fixed Tuition Price Plan.
Fixed Tuition Price Plan Requirements
All eligible students, both incoming freshman or transfer, are given an opportunity for more information during their initial registration for classes at TWU. If a student selects to receive additional information on the Fixed Tuition Price Plan(FTPP), an email will be sent to the student's TWU email address explaining the plan along with enrollment instructions. Students have until the Census Day of their first semester to opt in or out of the Fixed Tuition Price Plan. Once this date has passed, students cannot enroll or drop this rate plan.
In order to be eligible for a Fixed Tuition Price Plan the student must meet all of the following qualifications:
- The student must be a Texas Resident or a qualified resident student as defined under the Texas Education Code ∫54.052.
- The student must be an entering undergraduate, whether first-time-in college or transfer student.
- The student must not receive any institutional, state, federal or other waivers, exemptions, and/or discounts of tuition and/or fees.
The following instances will disqualify a student from participating in the Fixed Tuition Price Plan:
- Any break in consecutive attendance, other than the summer semester. (Exceptions will be made for students who are called to military duty and reenroll at TWU within one semester of returning from active duty, excluding summers. Those students would be placed on the same cohort rate as when called to active duty.)
- The student becomes eligible for any institutional, state, federal or other waiver, exemption, or discount of tuition and/or fees.
- The student meets or exceeds Excess Hours Rule under State of Texas legislation.
- The student exceeds the length of term eligibility.
Disqualified students will revert to the current standard tuition rate at the time of disqualification. Once the student is disqualified, the student will not be eligible to re-enroll in the Fixed Tuition Price Plan at a later date.
Eligible students who elect the Fixed Tuition Price Plan will be locked into the Fixed Board Designated Tuition Rate in accordance with the lengths below or until they no longer meet eligibility requirements:
- First-time freshman will participate in the FTPP for four academic years (12 consecutive semesters)
- Transfer students with less than 30 semester credit hours will participate in the FTPP for three academic years (9 consecutive semesters)
- Transfer students with 30 or more semester credit hours will participate in the FTPP for two academic years (6 consecutive semesters)
Page last updated 11:43 AM, April 5, 2021