Student Veterans Association
The Student Veterans Association (SVA) is a student organization for veteran and military affiliated students. Students who join SVA have the opportunity to engage in the camaraderie of those who have had similar life experiences. Some of the primary goals of the SVA are to support veteran and active military students by connecting them to resources, helping with the transition to college life, advocating for their unique needs, and supporting their academic success. To join the SVA, send an email to Amy O'Keefe.
Like our Facebook page TWU Student Veterans Association
"Walk a Mile in Their Shoes” Veterans Day 5K
The Texas Woman’s University Student Veterans Association, CARE, Fit n’ Rec and TWU Health and Wellness are partnering to provide the TWU family with a week-long virtual 5K to show support to our TWU student veterans that have served our country.
- Cost: 10$ per Category
- You must register and pay by 11:59pm on Veterans Day Wednesday, November 11 and select the category you would like to compete in (walk, run, roll).
- Sign Up for the Walk a Mile in Their Shoes” Veterans Day 5K
- Pay the registration fee online
- Can enter multiple categories but can only win in 1
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes for each category. First prize is a TWU fleece jacket.
- You have from Monday, November 9 until Sunday, November 15 to log and submit your walk, run or roll. All walks, runs, and rolls must be tracked using either a fitness watch (Fitbit, Apple Watch, etc.) or app (Runkeeper, Nike Run, etc.).
- You will email a photo or screenshot of your fitness app or watch to TWU Student Veterans Association. Photo or screenshot must display the date, miles, and duration of activity
- All submissions must be sent in via email by 11:59 on Sunday, November 15.
If you have any questions, please contact the TWU CARE office.
Page last updated 4:58 PM, November 3, 2020