The E-Waste Roundup event is part of IT Solutions' continued effort to support cybersecurity awareness throughout our community and promote secure and responsible e-waste recycling in the spirit of Earth Day.
On Earth Day, April 22, 2021, IT Solutions (ITS) is hosting Computer Crusher, a local electronic waste (e-waste) recycler, to accept e-waste donations from the TWU community.
- Thursday, April 22 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Visitor Parking Lot, Denton campus
- Recycle personal e-waste conveniently and securely on the TWU Denton campus
Computer Crusher will park their vehicle on campus at the Visitor Center Lot in Denton to allow for drive-up and walk-up accessibility. No reservation is needed for drop-offs, and an ITS staff will be onsite to monitor and facilitate drop-offs.
- Walk or drive up to the Visitor Center Lot and wait for an ITS staff member to check you in.
- Walk-up participants may approach the check-in table with their recycling. Drive-up participants will be checked in from their vehicles.
- Once checked in, a Computer Crusher representative will assist with loading recycling into their truck.
- Participants will be thanked and asked to leave the drop-off area as soon as their recycling has been collected. This event is not intended to gather participants but rather provide an outlet for safe and responsible recycling.
Please note that all recycling that is dropped off is considered a donation, and recyclers will not be compensated.
This event is for personal e-waste only. Accepted items are listed here: https://www.computercrusher.com/accepted-items
TWU property or assets will not be accepted. If your department has TWU-owned or tagged computers ready for sanitation, please contact the ITS Service Desk at (940) 898-3971. For all other TWU-owned e-waste, please contact Facilities and Construction Management (FMC) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computer Crusher will have the ability to physically destroy hard drives onsite during the event. Please remove the hard drive in advance; otherwise, it will be destroyed at their facility. All other recycling will be done offsite at the Computer Crusher facility. Certificates of Destruction will not be available at this event. However, this is a service that Computer Crusher offers. Those in need of a Certificate of Destruction may opt to coordinate their own recycling drop-off with Computer Crusher outside of this event.
TWU will receive a recycling report after the event to determine how much e-waste was recycled.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Face coverings will be required for all participants (including drive-up).
- Physical distancing between participants will be maintained at all times. Participants will be asked to keep appropriate distance while dropping off items.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the check-in table.
- Traffic flow will be controlled as much as possible to avoid crowding or counter-flow. Only one participant may drop off items at the truck at one time. This will be monitored and maintained by ITS staff. Additional participants will wait in a socially distanced (marked with sidewalk chalk), outdoor line (if walk-up) or will remain in their vehicle until their turn to drop off.
- If a participant brings a heavy load of recycling, Computer Crusher will assist with unloading. In this situation, the participant will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance from the vendor as they unload the e-waste from the vehicle.
Inclement Weather and Vendor Cancelation
In the cases of inclement weather or vendor cancelation, the TWU E-Waste Roundup event will be canceled. ITS cannot accept or store personal electronic waste, per the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality regulations. Please follow @TWUTech on Twitter for up-to-date information on event day.
Please contact Tiffany Peart, email@example.com.
Page last updated 8:46 AM, April 15, 2021