Start a New Student Organization
Want to start a new Student Organization at the Dallas Center?
Things to consider
- Which category (Departmental, Greek, Honorary, Religious, Special Interest, Sports Clubs, or University Sanctioned) best describes your organization?
- What will you name your new organization?
- It is suggested that you have at least 8 students interested in your organization.
- What do you require of students to gain membership in your organization?
- What are the reasons a student should join your organization?
- How will your new organization benefit the TWU Dallas Center community? How is it different from other organizations available at the Dallas Center?
- Who will serve as your faculty/staff advisor?
- How will you elect leadership and/or officers?
- Have you thought about what you would place in a Constitution?
Steps to take
Step 1: Fill out the New Chartered Student Organization Application
Step 2: Contact the Dallas Student Life Office (Suite 3600) to set up a meeting time
Step 3: During the meeting, the application will be reviewed and changes, if necessary, will be requested.
Step 4: After application approval, all of your organization leaders and advisors will need to complete a Risk Management Training with Dallas Student Life before becoming officially recognized.
If you have any questions about the charter application or process, please email Taylor Dukes.
Page last updated 7:44 AM, August 27, 2018