The TWU Institute of Health Sciences – Houston Center is part of a world-class list of health care educators, researchers and providers at the renowned Texas Medical Center.
Innovation is at the heart of the work being done across the medical center each day, including through education at our Houston Center. It’s an education augmented by clinical and advanced technologies in simulation and online learning.
The Houston Center is where you can complete an undergraduate nursing degree or earn a master’s or doctoral degree.
By the Numbers
- 54 - medicine-related institutions housed at the Texas Medical Center
- 3,300 - patient visits per day at the Texas Medical Center
- 1963 - Nursing students began receiving training at the Medical Center of Houston.
- 922 - Nursing students enrolled at the Houston Center in Spring 2016
Nursing Programs in Houston
Students seeking a bachelor’s degree can finish their degree in Houston. In addition, we offer the following:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree with a major in nursing (last two years)
- RN-BS (online)
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Interprofessional Informatics
Master’s prepared nurses serve as directors of nursing, clinical specialists, consultants, supervisors and private practitioners. At the Houston Center, we offer:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Education (NE)
- Nursing Health Systems Management
- RN MS
- Post-Baccalaureate RN MS program
- Post MS Certificate program
At the Houston Center, we offer the following doctoral programs:
Upcoming Events See all
About the Houston Center
The TWU Houston Center is a state-of-the-art, 10-story, 202,000 square-foot “campus in one building.” It was built in 2006 and houses the Nelda C. Stark College of Nursing, one of six nursing programs at the Texas Medical Center.
Contact the Houston Center
(BS in Nursing; RN-BS; RN-MS)
Note: Prospective and current TWU nursing-entry (those who do not hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing) students who live closer to the TWU Houston Center may schedule an in-person or telephone appointment to meet/speak with an academic advisor.
- Email Paula Clutter
Nursing Health Systems Management
- Email Robin Toms
PhD in Nursing Science
- Email Sandra Cesario
Nelda C. Stark College of Nursing
6700 Fannin Street
Houston, Texas 77030-2897
Page last updated 8:52 AM, October 10, 2019