Transition to Online Delivery (Instructors)
As you move your courses online for the period of time determined by Texas Woman’s University, the Office of Teaching & Learning with Technology is here to support you.
Online Canvas Training
Canvas Training Services Portal offers instructor training webinars. There are over 30 different topics that you can attend online. Sessions are interactive, allow some hands-on experience, and are taught by Canvas trainers. These sessions will allow you to go into greater depth on a variety of topics and trainers will answer a number of questions in the sessions. Learn how to get started with the Canvas Training Services Portal.
Canvas recommends you log into the Adobe Connect webinar in one browser window and your Canvas Sandbox course in a second browser window. This will allow you to switch between the Canvas training webinar and the interactive activities.
Contact your Instructional Design Partner
Your Instructional Design Partner will work one-on-one with you to support you throughout the rest of the semester.
The Instructional Design Partners will be meeting with instructors online through Google Hangouts Meet, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Open the Instructional Design Partners page to find the instructional designer that supports your department or academic component. Email your Instructional Design Partner if you have a question. If you would like to schedule an appointment:
- Each Instructional Design Partner will have a link to open their calendar and Schedule anOnline Meeting.
- Appointments are 30 minutes long. If you need more time, schedule 2 Appointments.
- If the Instructional Design Partner calendar does not have an available time that fits your schedule, you can:
- Send your Instructional Design Partner an email to find a time that works for both of you
- OR return to the Instructional Design Partners page and open a different calendar to Schedule an Online Meeting
Communicate with your Students
Students will look to you for guidance. One of the best ways you can support your students during this transition is by communicating with them. You can send important information through Canvas Announcements to the entire class at once. For example:
- There are resources available for students who do not have access to the Internet. You can provide students with the TWU Student Life resource page, which has a section specifically helping students find information from Internet providers.
- You can provide students information about Test and Quiz Taking Strategies in Canvas to help them prepare to take online tests.
Your hard work and dedication helps Texas Woman’s University fulfill its mission to inspire excellence and a pioneering spirit, and the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology is proud and grateful to support you!
Page last updated 2:11 PM, May 12, 2021