The American Association for University Women Texas (AAUW Texas) was established in 1926 under the umbrella of the national AAUW. The Texas Association prides itself in its work to create educational and equity opportunities for women and girls. The Texas Division of AAUW was organized in Dallas Texas, October 1926, with ten charter branches and fewer than six hundred members. The original branches were Amarillo, Austin, Commerce, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Worth, Georgetown, Lubbock, San Antonio and Waco. The San Antonio and Fort Worth branches belonged to the Southern Association of College Women before 1921. At its peak, AAUW Texas had over one hundred branches within the state and a combined membership of almost nine thousand.
About the Collection
The Woman's Collection at Texas Woman's University is the official state archive AAUW Texas. The collection consists of:
- Organization history
- Presidential records
- Board records
- Club histories
AAUW Digital Archive
View materials records and photos from AAUW Texas.