Workers' Compensation Insurance (WCI) is provided by SORM (State Office of Risk Management). Administering the program includes receiving, investigating, and making liability determinations on WCI claims; determining the reasonableness and necessity of medical treatment and services; generating temporary income benefit payments to injured employees and medical payments to health care providers. All employees of TWU whose names appear on the payroll are eligible for Workers' Compensation Insurance. This includes those in a student position such as a student assistant, graduate assistant, graduate teaching assistant, etc.
The Benefits team in the Office of Human Resources is responsible for coordinating the TWU workers' compensation program. The benefits office serves as a facilitator between the TWU injured employees and SORM by submitting appropriate forms and making every effort to negotiate modified duty assignments.
- Employees who experience a work-related injury must communicate the incident immediately to their supervisor.
- The injured employee, supervisor, or designee is advised to notify the TWU Benefits office of the injury by calling the benefits team at 840-898-3542 or emailing Brenda Villarreal at firstname.lastname@example.org about the incident. If Brenda is unavailable, any of the benefits team members can assist with workers' compensation.
- Employees are required to report all injuries/illnesses within twenty-four (24) hours, even if they do not need medical attention.
- Links to forms and packets are provided below.
Workers Compensation Forms and Useful Links
- Employee Injury packet and forms
- Spanish Employee Injury packet and forms
- Supervisor packet and forms
- SORM provider network
- Prescription Drug Coverage for an injured employee
Return to Work
Useful Numbers and Addresses
Injured employees can contact SORM through its toll-free number.
SORM Toll-Free Phone: (877) 445-0006
Phone numbers for preauthorization and pharmacy providers are available by calling SORM's main number.
SORM Main Phone: (817) 445-0006
SORM Fax: (512) 370-9025
SORM Toll-Free Fraud Hotline: (877) 445-0006
Fraud and Investigation Email: Investigations@sorm.texas.gov
TWU Benefits Team:
Sr. HR Generalist and Workers Compensation Coordinator
Sr. HR Generalist and Leave Coordinator
Manager of Benefits and Wellbeing
Page last updated 5:10 PM, June 23, 2022