Founded in 2015, Community Movers is a student board of representatives for current students of the Division of Dance. The board is composed of undergraduate and graduate students, with one staff or faculty advisor. The purpose of this honorary organization is to support the student body within TWU Dance both academically and creatively; provide guidance and motivation through peer mentorship; encourage students throughout the academic school year; create a non-judgmental space for students to feel acknowledged, respected, and encouraged; and provide opportunities for dance students to emerge as leaders within the community.
For information about Community Movers, please contact email@example.com.
- Fall Dance Retreat Co-sponsored with the Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Outreach and the Department of Dance
- Final Showing Refreshment Table
- Holiday Harvest Hot Cocoa Bar
- Open Mic Nights
- Dance Family Potluck
- Dance Career Day Employer Panel and Mock Interviews Co-sponsored with TWU's Career Connections Center
- Wellness Fridays
- National Honor Society for Dance Arts Induction Ceremony
- Spring Awards Ceremony Co-sponsored with the Department of Dance
Board of Representatives
Every dance major is a member of Community Movers and eligible to vote in the annual Board of Representatives election process.
The Board of Representatives is advised by a faculty mentor and staff member and consists of: Co-Facilitators (1-2 representatives), Secretary, Treasurer Historians (1-2 representatives), Event Coordinators (1-3 representatives), Undergraduate Representatives (up to 4), and Graduate Representatives (2).
Page last updated 4:46 PM, February 1, 2022