Meet Our Winners
Madyson Plummer - J. Wilkes Berry Scholarship Spring / Fall 2019
Madyson is the Senior Secretary for the Teacher Education department. She recently graduated in May 2018 with a BS in Sociology with a concentration in social inequality and a double minor in Psychology in English. She is now pursuing her MA in the Sociology department where her areas of interests include global incarceration and medical sociology. Currently, she is President of three honor societies on campus and sits on the executive board for Student Senate. When she isn’t working, doing extracurricular activities, or researching, she enjoys spending time with her dog Coco and her fiancé. She also enjoys cooking, baking, and going home to see her family in Joshua, TX. She loves TWU and the Teacher Education department so much that she hopes to one day come back to one of their graduate programs!
ASSET scholarship is awarded every spring for the fall semester to a permanent full-time or permanent part-time TWU staff member enrolled in undergraduate or graduate courses at TWU during the fall semester. Applicants do not have to be members of ASSET to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Must submit a complete application packet, which includes:
- Have been employed at least three consecutive months by the start of the fall term;
- Be a student in good standing if he/she has previously enrolled at TWU. New students must meet normal admission standards and should submit an application with this request, if one has not already been submitted.
J. Wilkes Berry, Ph.D. Memorial Endowment Fund Scholarship
The J. Wilkes Berry scholarship is awarded in the fall for the spring semester to a permanent full-time or permanent part-time TWU staff member enrolled in undergraduate or graduate courses. However, first priority will be given to those seeking a baccalaureate degree.
Applicants do not have to be members of ASSET to be eligible for the scholarship.
Deadline – November 29, 2019 @ 5:00 PM. Applications that are incomplete received by or after the deadline will not be considered for the scholarship.
Complete J. Wilkes Berry Scholarship application, which includes:
- The application
- An essay of approximately 250-300 words concerning his/her academic interests, professional goals, and work experience to demonstrate his/her ability and commitment to his/her chosen field of study. The essay should be clear, use succinct sentences and appropriate grammar and style.
- Three (3) recommendations using the J. Wilkes Berry recommendation form
- Be a full time or part-time permanent TWU employee (NOTE: Graduate Assistants are not eligible);
- Must have been employed at least three consecutive months by the start of the spring term;
- Be a student in good standing if he/she has previously enrolled at TWU. New students must meet normal admission standards and should submit an application with this request if one has not already been submitted.
Return all materials by the deadline to:
ASSET Scholarship Committee Chair
Deadline: November 29, 2019
Personal Development Award (PDA)
The Personal Development Award is awarded in the fall and can be used anytime during the academic year. Only ASSET members are eligible for this award.
- Must be a current member;
- Must have been a member of ASSET for one year and participated in three activities (bake sale, craft show, Adopt A Spot, hosted a meeting, attended a meeting, etc.) the previous year;
- Must submit Professional Development Award application for a drawing;
- Must bring the information about the event to the board in advance of attendance;
- Must attend the event within one year of being awarded the money;
- Must give a presentation or give handouts at general meeting after attending the event.
Page last updated 3:01 PM, October 22, 2019