ASSET (Association of Service and Support Employees of Texas Woman's University)
This association was established as The Texas Woman’s University Office Support Staff (TOSS) in 1983 to encourage career and personal development of individual members and to enhance communication and cooperation among TWU staff members. Our name was changed to ASSET in 1996 in order to better reflect the organization’s objectives since membership was no longer limited to “office” support staff.
Our Purposes and Goals
- To raise funds for the J. Wilkes Berry, Ph.D Memorial Endowment Fund and the ASSET Scholarship to provide support for TWU staff persons employed and/or enrolled at the University during the semester the ASSET scholarship award is made.
- To encourage career and personal development of its members through conferences, workshops, programs, and speakers.
- To provide an organization through which the TWU service and staff can contribute positively to the academic and professional excellence of the University.
- To identify and develop service opportunities that will benefit TWU students, staff, faculty, and the community.
- To provide hardship relief, fellowship and support to TWU staff.
The “TWU Cooks” Cookbook ($20.00) published by the Association of Service and Support Employees of Texas Woman's University (ASSET) proceeds are used to fund the Wilkes Berry Memorial Scholarship, the ASSET Scholarship, Professional Development Award, and ASSET hardship fund.
Page last updated 10:06 AM, January 13, 2017