How to Make an Appointment
Making an Appointment in WCOnline
Steps to Scheduling an Appointment
You must schedule an appointment on WCOnline. The Write Site does not take appointment requests by email.
- Log in to WCOnline.
- After logging in, you will be taken to the schedule for the current week. To see future weeks, click the "Next Week" link or choose a date by clicking on the calendar icon.
- On the schedule screen, the white blocks mean the time spot is empty and available for you to make an appointment.
- Once you choose the date, time, and tutor you would like to work with, click the appropriate white schedule block. A new window will appear, prompting you to fill in your appointment information.
- Appointments are in thirty minute increments. If you want to meet for an hour, you have to change the end time of your appointment.
- Make sure to specify "OWL" or "Face-to-Face" appointment.
- Once you've filled in all of your information, click “Save Appointment.”
- If you are making an OWL appointment, follow the directions on the next screen to upload your paper. If you are making a Face to Face appointment, click "Close Window."
- Your appointment block should be lime green on the schedule page. You will receive an email acknowledging a successful appointment request.
- For OWL appointments: Online Writing Lab appointments are asynchronous. You do not have to be at your computer during your appointment time. Clicking the yellow folder icon in the top left corner will also allow you to attach a document to your appointment. Although you do not have to attach your paper at the time you make your appointment, your paper must be attached when your appointment begins or the appointment will be counted as "missed." You will receive comments back via email within 48 business hours (not including weekends or holidays).
- For OWLive appointments: For an OWLive appointment, schedule your appointment and attach your document like you would for an OWL appointment. A few minutes before your appointment, log in to the schedule and click "Start or Join Online Consultation." This will lead you to a chat room where you will meet with your tutor. You must have a webcam and microphone to have an OWLive appointment.
Page last updated 11:47 AM, October 4, 2021