TRiO Student Support Services
TWU students currently studying for their bachelor’s degrees may qualify for specialized academic and support services through TWU’s TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) Programs.
We offer two programs funded by the U.S. Department of Education, TRiO SSS Classic and TRiO SSS STEM-H, dedicated to increasing the retention and graduation rates for low income, first-generation, and/or students with documented disabilities.
- Priority registration
- Academic advising
- Academic and skill enrichment workshops
- Personal counseling
- Academic advice and assistance
- Career services and counseling
- Cultural events
- Activities in support of future graduate program enrollment
- Additional services may be offered when requested by participants or when related to improving the persistence, retention, and graduation rates of program participants.
TRiO follows federal regulations, so you must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- U.S. Citizen or meet the residency requirements for federal student financial assistance
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term at TWU
- Need academic support, as determined by the program staff, to pursue or continue successfully in a bachelor’s degree program
- One of the following: Income-eligible, first-generation college student or individual with a disability
TRiO SSS STEM-H
- Computer Science
- Communications Sciences & Disorders
- Dental Hygiene
- Health Studies
- Nutrition and Food Sciences
TRiO SSS Classic
Any bachelor’s degree/major accepted
Director, TRiO-SSS STEM-H
Director, TRiO-SSS Classic
The Texas Woman's University TRiO Student Support Services Classic and STEM-H Programs are funded entirely by the U.S. Department of Education in the amount of $261,888 each annually from 2020-2025.
Page last updated 4:01 PM, July 14, 2021