At the Houston Center, healthcare needs are serviced out of two offices: TWU - Denton Student Health Services and the University of Texas Health Services (U.T.H.S.). The latter has a physical presence here in the Texas Medical Center, and welcomes visits by TWU students carrying their student ID. Conveniently located just down the street at 7000 Fannin, Suite 1620, U.T.H.S. provides care for illness and injury, and conducts routine physical exams.
During the first month of Fall and Spring semesters here at TWU - Houston Center, Immunization Clinics are held with the on-site cooperation of U.T.H.S. As students step into the clinical setting, having up-to-date immunization records with The University claims high priority. These records will need to be uploaded personally by individual students themselves to the Medicat system. The technology also exists for students to check compliancy status online.
Accessing Your Immunization Record
- Log into your Pioneer Portal Account
- Click on My Info
- Choose Immunization Info
- Select https://twu.medicatconnect.com/
- TWU SHS Online Student Health (OSH) Information site will give you two options:
- First Time Users
- Returning Users
- First Time Users
- Log in to the OSH web page with the same User Name and Password you have selected for Pioneer Portal
- Click Immunizations noted on the left side of the screen
- Choose Immunization once more
- Use the Print Icon on the right side of the screen to make a hard copy of the shot record for your files/instructors
To Upload New Immunization Information
- Log in to http://patient-twu.medicatconnect.com/
- Use Portal ID and password
To view current immunizations:
- Go to Immunization, click “View History”
To upload immunization information:
- Go to Immunization, click “Enter Dates”
- Enter dates of respective immunizations
- Click “Submit”
- Go to “Upload”
- Choose document you are uploading “Assorted Immunization Records”
- Select File and upload scanned immunization records from your computer/phone/tablet
- Click “Upload”
Questions about Health Care?
TWU Student Health Services [Denton]: You are invited to call 888-898-8825 with questions either about a healthcare provider and/ot a medical related question.
University of Texas Health Services: When in doubt, call 713-500-3267 if you are considering whether to seek medical treatment. This is a 24 hour nurse line with an after hour pager service who can contact as appropriate the person on call.
Student Health Insurance
TWU has a relationship with Academic HealthPlans (AHP) to provide insurance plans for currently enrolled students.
Students participating in AHP and utilizing the University of Texas Health Services, can expect:
- Deductible waived on most types of appointments.
- AHP will pay 80%, leaving the student responsible for paying 20%.
The following Preventive Services are covered 100%:
- Mammography Screening
- Annual Well Woman Exam
- Cervical Cancer screening, including PAP smear
- HIV Screening
- STD Screening
- Blood Pressure Check
- Diabetes Screening for Adults with High Blood Pressure
- Yearly Preventive Care Visits for Adults
For additional information regarding student health related needs, visit Student Health Services. Their convenient toll free number is (888) 898-8825.
Page last updated 8:49 AM, August 18, 2017