Fitness Center - Houston (FCH): Located on the second floor, in room 2240. The FCH is available to all TWU students, faculty, and staff members. Whether you are new to working out or you have a regular workout regimen, the FCH has three different types of training equipment and weights - Cardio, Machine Weights, and Free Weights to help improve or reach your fitness goals in a safe and clean workout environment. Facial covering is optional in the FCH. To gain entry, the FCH has tap and swipe access readers to unlock the door to the fitness center.
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday - 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday - 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday - Closed
Fitness Center at a Glance:
- Women and men changing areas, with showers and daily use lockers
- Machine Equipment: Machines are organized by muscle group and core stability
- Cardio Machines: Treadmills, ellipticals, bikes
- Yoga Exercise Mats
- Resistance Training: Free weight dumbbells, weighted medicine balls, weighted body bars, and workout benches
FCH Workout Guidelines
- Bring a towel and clean your machine with Disinfectant spray.
- After use, put back the equipment, yoga mats, and free weights.
- Wear earbuds when listening to music.
- Wear a shirt at all times and athletic shoes.
- Don’t rest on the equipment if someone is waiting for it.
- Share the workout equipment and floor space.
- Offer to spot someone if you see them struggling.
- Wear non-slip flip-flops when showering to prevent an accident or bacterial infection.
Page last updated 3:40 PM, September 29, 2022