Friday Drop-In STD Clinic
SHS provides sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing services without the need to see a provider. Testing includes urine screening tests for chlamydia and gonorrhea as well as blood testing for HIV and syphilis. Cost is $80 and will be due at the time of service. Please note that prices may be subject to change without notice.
Who may receive this testing?
- Students not currently experiencing any STI symptoms.
- Students who have not been told by a sexual partner that they have tested positive for an STI.
- Students who want all four (4) tests in the package (chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV, syphilis)
- Students who do not want an initial medical provider appointment for a more thorough discussion and exam prior to testing.
How do you prepare for your appointment?
- Eat a well-balanced meal and drink fluids.
- Do not urinate two (2) hours prior to your arrival at SHS.
- Bring your student ID and form of payment.
Where is the appointment?
Student Health Services in Jones Hall.
How do you receive results?
You will be notified by a provider via the secure message system in the SHS Student Portal. If you have a positive result and you do not read the email within 24 hours, a provider will call you at the number in the EMR. If no answer, they will leave a voicemail asking for you to call the clinic for your results. If we do not receive a response from you, the Health Department will be notified of your result, and they will contact you.
What happens if you receive a positive result?
For a positive chlamydia or gonorrhea result, you will need to schedule a SHS provider appointment to receive treatment, or you may see your local provider.
For a positive HIV or syphilis, additional confirmation testing will be performed. Students will be responsible for the cost of additional testing. If HIV or syphilis is confirmed, you will be referred to the appropriate treatment facility.
How do you schedule an appointment?
STI/STD appointments may be scheduled online via the TWU Student Patient Portal or by calling 940-898-3826. Drop-in STI testing is available Friday.
FREE STI testing will be available on the following days:
- Sept. 15
- Oct. 13
- Nov. 3
- Dec. 1
Page last updated 2:59 PM, August 24, 2023