The April Staff Council Meeting has been cancelled.
- Please read TWU updates regarding the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation here
- If you need assistance with telecommuting, please see this resource from TWU – Technology
The Staff Council is organized to foster a spirit of unified community among staff members of Texas Woman’s University and to provide opportunities for their democratic representation. The goal of Staff Council is to promote a positive and collaborative work environment. Our purposes are to serve as a representative advisory council; provide a vehicle for communication of staff interests, concerns, and issues; present recommendations to University leadership; and promote positive morale among TWU staff.
Ways to stay connected
There are multiple ways to find out how Staff Council is working for you and TWU.
- The Contact Us form can be used to send the Council general questions or concerns.
- Staff Council members can be contacted directly anytime with questions or concerns.
- Periodic staff emails will be sent by Staff Council to keep you informed of upcoming events, socials, and issues.
Unable to attend a meeting?
February 13 Meeting
The Executive Staff approved the Constitution and Bylaws of the Staff Council of Texas Woman’s University in mid-1999. A Steering Committee of 14 longtime staff members from components across the University at the Denton, Dallas and Houston campuses worked for three years to formulate the Constitution and Bylaws. Steering Committee members were Jim Stiles, Patrick Vasquez, Sharon Saullo, Joe Lyle, Vicki Ratcliff, Amy Hall, Don Viator, Katie Flemming, Helene Bonavita, Mary Ramsey, Laurie Hammett, Lori Nelson, Mary Ann McDuff and Ann Hatch.
Human Resources was asked by Interim President Beverley Byers-Pevitts to coordinate the first Staff Council elections. TWU’s first Staff Council held it’s first meeting on September 29, 1999. Its first order of business was to elect officers and establish the standing committees.
Page last updated 2:49 PM, March 19, 2020