The Staff Council is organized to foster a spirit of unified community among staff members of Texas Woman’s University and to provide opportunities for their democratic representation. The goal of Staff Council is to promote a positive and collaborative work environment. Our purposes are to serve as a representative advisory council; provide a vehicle for communication of staff interests, concerns, and issues; present recommendations to University leadership; and promote positive morale among TWU staff.
What we do
- Promote and nurture a sense of belonging and community
- Celebrate and offer recognition managing the Feyten-Wick Champion Awards
- Promote and sponsor Professional Development
- An Information Conduit between Leadership and Staff
- Organize Social and Informative Events
- Invite speakers to our meetings that help us learn about staff and TWU departments/ benefits
Staff Council Constitution & Bylaws (02.09.2023) [Google Doc, TWU Portal login required]
Ways to stay connected
There are multiple ways to find out how Staff Council is working for you and TWU.
- The Contact Us form can be used to send the Council general questions or concerns.
- Staff Council members can be contacted directly anytime with questions or concerns, or send an email to email@example.com.
- Periodic staff emails will be sent by Staff Council to keep you informed of upcoming events, socials, and issues.
- Staff Council Town Hall meetings are generally held on the 2nd Thursday of every month at 10:00 a.m. The meetings are held via Zoom. The Zoom link will be sent to staff emails prior to the meeting. All TWU Staff are welcome to attend these meetings.
Unable to attend a meeting?
View previous Town Hall videos or review the Town Hall minutes!
The Executive Staff approved the Constitution and Bylaws of the Staff Council of Texas Woman’s University in mid-1999. A Steering Committee of 14 longtime staff members from components across the University at the Denton, Dallas and Houston campuses worked for three years to formulate the Constitution and Bylaws. Steering Committee members were Jim Stiles, Patrick Vasquez, Sharon Saullo, Joe Lyle, Vicki Ratcliff, Amy Hall, Don Viator, Katie Flemming, Helene Bonavita, Mary Ramsey, Laurie Hammett, Lori Nelson, Mary Ann McDuff and Ann Hatch.
Human Resources was asked by Interim President Beverley Byers-Pevitts to coordinate the first Staff Council elections. TWU’s first Staff Council held it’s first meeting on September 29, 1999. Its first order of business was to elect officers and establish the standing committees.
Events See All Events
Page last updated 4:38 PM, March 22, 2023