Adapted Physical Education Scholars
Potential APE scholars must be certified physical educators who are eligible for acceptance to TWU’s Graduate School. They must complete the following:
- Project Nexus APE Application sent to Dr. Dillon (firstname.lastname@example.org), including:
- APE Application for Project Nexus (Form A)
- Project Nexus Applicant Survey (Form B)
- A typed letter of interest that addresses your interest in Project Nexus, career goals, and prior experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Complete online application for admission to TWU Graduate School and the School of Health Promotion and Kinesiology Adapted Physical Activity Program, which includes
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended
- Two letters of recommendation specific to potential for success within graduate studies and Project Nexus
Service Obligation Requirement:
- All admitted scholars will agree to work in the field for which they are trained (i.e., APE) for a period twice that of their period of support (i.e., work as an APE teacher for a period of 2 years if supported on grant for 1 year). Additional clarification will be provided upon acceptance to Project Nexus.
- All admitted scholars will complete a pre-scholarship service obligation contract and an exit contract with the U.S. Department of Education.
Interested individuals should apply for the grant by May 1 for full consideration for grant funding the following fall semester (late August start). It is recommended that all interested individuals contact Dr. Dillon regarding the grant details and/or the possibility of visiting campus prior to application (funding available for campus visits).
Page last updated 9:56 AM, August 21, 2020