The University’s medical plans are administered by the Employees Retirement System of Texas Group Benefits Program and the third-party administrator, Blue Cross Blue Shield. Benefits-eligible employees may choose between the HealthSelect of Texas Medical plan and the Consumer Directed HealthSelect high deductible plan.
- Health Select of Texas: HealthSelect of Texas is available to all eligible employees and retirees under age 65 with in-network and out-of-network coverage options.
- HealthSelect of Texas Out of State: HealthSelect Out-of-State is available only to active employees, retirees not enrolled in Medicare, and their eligible dependents living or working outside the state of Texas.
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect: Consumer-Directed Health Select is a high-deductible health plan paired with a health savings account (HSA). If you are enrolled in Medicare, you are not eligible for this plan.
- Health Select and Consumer-Directed Health Select in Spanish: Beneficios médicos: HealthSelect of Texas Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (bcbstx.com)
- HealthSelect of Texas | Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (bcbstx.com): This link can be used as a tool for the following services:
- Find a Doctor or Hospital
- Choose a Primary Care Physician
- Schedule a Virtual Visit
- Earn Rewards with HealthSelect shoppers
- Learn more about Mental Health Benefits
- Tobacco Certification: ERS requires that all employees who are enrolled in either the HealthSelect or Consumer-Directed Health Select log onto ERS and certify you either do or not sue tobacco. By clicking on this link you will learn about the options listed below regarding the states’ tobacco certification policy.
- What to do if you are no longer using tobacco?
- Choose to quit tobacco premium alternative.
- Reporting tobacco fraud
Dependent Child Certification
- Dependent Eligibility Verification: All employees must verify that their dependents are eligible. ERS has contracted with Alight Solutions, who will reach out directly via email or US mail after your dependents have been enrolled in medical and/or optional benefits.
Page last updated 11:47 AM, June 15, 2022