Health Care Administration Program
The multi-campus program draws upon well established relationships within the largest medical complex in the world in Houston as well as the esteemed medical complex in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex which enables the program to integrate best of class, leading edge delivery into the student experience.
- We provide an inclusive environment that embraces the diversity of students and faculty and seeks to increase the diversity of leadership. Faculty and expert industry practitioners undertake and integrate current research and service to ensure that graduates have the ability to translate theory into effective practice while considering the needs of our stakeholders.
- The program design allows for flexible enrollment, using a variety of instruction methods, and is tailored to the individual needs and backgrounds of the student. We prepare graduates to analyze and solve difficult problems, and to formulate and implement leading edge, socially responsible and ethical decisions, while encouraging habits of life-long learning in our students and for ourselves.
Health Care Administration Degree Offerings
The Health Care Administration Program offers the following graduate degrees:
- Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA)
- MHA with an emphasis in Business Analytics
- MHA with an emphasis in Global Health
- MHA + MBA option that leads to two graduate degrees
MHA Mission, Vision and Values
The TWU MHA Program will provide affordable, nationally recognized, graduate level preparation for students from a variety of backgrounds in order to prepare them for varying levels of management roles across the health industry spectrum.
To graduate professionals who are prepared to lead within health organizations and proactively respond to the needs of their people and the populations they serve.
- Professional Excellence: We value high-quality, student-centered teaching that fosters
transformational learning to facilitate our graduates having cutting edge knowledge, skills,
- Critical Thinking: We value critical thinking skills needed to discover creative solutions to
problems in business and society.
- Analytical Ability: We value a community of scholars who can evaluate data and make
informed, innovative decisions in business, and influence students to do the same.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: We value and respect meaningful service through purposeful
partnerships, collective expertise and empowered leadership.
- Ethics: We value integrity, respect, caring, and well-being.
- Inclusive Engagement: Together, we are responsible for creating a brighter future for
women and individuals from diverse backgrounds to make our society a better place.
- Communication: We value open and transparent communication to foster collaboration
and to empower everyone to provide their perspectives in solving problems.
“I feel like TWU has prepared me to be innovative and see things from different angles, and I also enjoyed taking classes with diverse groups of students and learning from broad and different perspectives. I feel prepared to make changes in the administrative process to make the flow of work better and more enjoyable.”
Page last updated 9:39 AM, January 10, 2024