BA in Fashion Design
As a student in our bachelor of arts (BA) in fashion design degree program, you will learn how to design and develop merchandise for manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers in preparation for a career in apparel and accessory design or production.
All of our undergraduate programs feature a strong liberal arts background, and your curriculum will include courses in English, history, government, mathematics, economics, humanities, art and computer science. Upon graduation, you will be prepared with the knowledge, skills and professional contacts necessary to succeed in today’s fast-paced global textile and apparel industry.
When you apply to TWU, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores. Admission to TWU is valid for four terms, unless you have attended another higher education institution.
Check out the links below for specific admissions information:
- How to apply
- Freshman Student Admissions
- Transfer Student Admissions
- International Student Admissions
- Other Types of Undergraduate Admissions
Questions about the admissions process? Contact the Office of Admissions Processing.
Office of Admissions Processing
Texas Woman’s University
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204-5649
940-898-3076 or 1-866-809-6130 ext. 3076
Admission to the Program in Fashion Design
All applicants must meet the general undergraduate admission requirements.
- Admitted TWU students applying to the Fashion Design program will be admitted provisionally until the completion of FT 1013, FT 2013, and FT 2113 with a grade of “C” or higher during the first enrollment at TWU or any other collegiate program. The only exception to this requirement is withdrawal from FT 1013, FT 2013, or FT 2113 during the first enrollment for a serious issue that prohibits successful completion of the course. A second enrollment is allowed only if the issue had been documented by the student and submitted to the Program Director of Fashion and Textiles prior to withdrawal from the course during the first enrollment. Possible approval for a second enrollment will be made by the Program Director after a face-to-face consultation with the student.
- Students transferring into TWU who previously completed any introductory sewing/apparel construction FT 1013, fashion sketching FT 2013, and/or flat pattern FT 2113 courses at another institution of higher education with grades less than “C” are not eligible for admission to the TWU Fashion Design program unless granted approval by the Program Director after a face-to-face consultation with the student prior to the first semester at TWU.
- Students will be granted full admission to the Fashion Design program once all provisional requirements are met.
- Students not given full admission to the Fashion Design program will be required to complete a change of major.
- Explore careers in fashion design.
- Apply for scholarships and financial aid.
- Learn more about our internships and industry partnerships.
Page last updated 12:51 PM, June 10, 2020