BA in Fashion Design and BBA in Marketing
This dual degree program will allow you to learn about fashion design and production while you acquire a broad range of marketing skills that are desirable for leadership and management positions within corporate design and production environments. You will earn your bachelor of arts (BA) degree in fashion design along with your bachelor of business administration (BBA) degree in marketing.
All of our undergraduate programs feature a strong liberal arts background, and your curriculum will include courses in English, history, government, mathematics, economics, humanities, art and computer science. Upon graduation, you will be prepared with the knowledge, skills and professional contacts necessary to succeed in today’s fast-paced global textile and apparel industry.
Undergraduate admission to Texas Woman’s University is based on a number of criteria including academic achievement, academic preparation and standardized test scores. An offer of admission from TWU is valid for four terms, if the applicant has not attended another institution of higher education. If students do not attend TWU within four terms, they must reapply, pay the application fee, and submit the appropriate credentials. Applicants who would like to make changes to an application should contact the Office of Admissions Processing or complete the Application Change form. For specific undergraduate admission requirements, please refer to the links below.
- Application Process
- Freshman Student Admission
- Transfer Student Admission
- International Student Admission
- Other Types of Undergraduate Admission
- Student Orientation
- Academic Fresh Start
- Admission Appeal Process
- Credit By Examination, AP, CLEP, IB
- Health and Safety Requirements
Admission to the Program in Fashion Design
All applicants must meet the general undergraduate admission requirements. All admitted students are eligible for admission to the Fashion Merchandising program.
- Admitted TWU students applying to the Fashion Design program will be admitted provisionally until the completion of FT 1013, FT 2013, and FT 2113 with a grade of “C” or higher during the first enrollment at TWU or any other collegiate program. The only exception to this requirement is withdrawal from FT 1013, FT 2013, or FT 2113 during the first enrollment for a serious issue which prohibits successful completion of the course. A second enrollment is allowed only if the issue had been documented by the student and submitted to the Program Director of Fashion and Textiles prior to withdrawal from the course during the first enrollment. Possible approval for a second enrollment will be made by the Program Director after a face-to-face consultation with the student.
- Students transferring into TWU who previously completed any introductory sewing/apparel construction FT 1013, fashion sketching FT 2013, and/or flat pattern FT 2113 courses at another institution of higher education with grades less than “C” are not eligible for admission to the TWU Fashion Design program unless granted approval by the Program Director after a face-to-face consultation with the student prior to the first semester at TWU.
- Students will be granted full admission to the Fashion Design program once all provisional requirements are met. Students not given full admission to the Fashion Design program will be required to complete a change of major.
- Explore careers in fashion design.
- Apply for scholarships and financial aid.
- Learn more about our internships and industry partnerships.
Page last updated 10:08 AM, June 6, 2019