Out-of-State Complaint Contacts

As a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA), TWU provides an identical complaint process for students in NC-SARA states. Currently, with the exception of California, all states including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands are members of NC-SARA. For the quickest resolutions to complaints, students are encouraged to follow the formal complaint process outlined on the Academic Complaints Appeals page. If a students files a complaint through the formal appeals process, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board will automatically notify the student’s home state higher education agency. If a student would like to contact their state’s higher education agency directly, they may find their contact information below.

Filing Complaints with Other States

Student complaints should be filed in the state where the student is receiving instruction from. Agencies that handle the processing of higher education student complaints can be viewed on the Student Complaint Information by State and Agency list.

Texas Woman's University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Texas Woman's University can be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).

Page last updated 2:02 PM, December 7, 2022