Alumni Scholarship FAQ
How much is this scholarship worth?
As long as you remain in good academic standing, you will receive $500 for the Fall 2020 semester and $500 for the Spring 2021 semester. This scholarship is not stackable, so if you are selected for another scholarship, you will be awarded the scholarship with the highest value.
Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
All TWU alumni who:
- Want to start a new advanced degree program they haven't started at another university
- Including May 2020 and August 2020 graduates
- Met the admissions requirements for your degree program of interest
- Check the Program, Majors & Degree finder to find your program and admission requirements*
*select programs qualify for this scholarship
What degrees can I pursue with this scholarship?
TWU alumni may use this scholarship for degrees in any of the following departments:
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Professional Education
- MEd in Educational Leadership
- MA in Reading Education
- MEd in Reading Education
- MA in Teaching
- MEd in Teaching, Leadership, and Collaboration
- MEd in Early Childhood Education
- MEd in Special Education
- MS in Child Development
- MS in Family Studies
- MS in Child Life
- MLS in Library Sciences
- PhD in Child Development and Early Education
- PhD in Family Studies
- PhD in Reading Education
- PhD in Special Education
- College of Business
- College of Nursing (Dallas Center programs only)
I have already started my degree program. Can I receive this scholarship?
No, this scholarship is only open to TWU alumni that are applying to start a new program in Fall 2020.
I have other scholarships from TWU. Can I still receive this scholarship?
No. This scholarship is not stackable with other scholarships from TWU.
Can I receive this scholarship and a graduate assistantship?
Yes, you may be awarded the scholarship and a graduate assistantship.
What is required to receive this scholarship?
- Apply to TWU for Fall 2020 admission by July 1, 2020
- Complete the Alumni Graduate Scholarship interest form
- Check the Program, Majors & Degree finder to find your degree program and admission requirements
- Meet the admissions requirements to your degree program of interest*
- Remain in good academic standing while in your program
**select programs qualify for this scholarship
How do I get the application fee waiver?
Be sure to complete the scholarship interest form before going to Apply Texas to apply for the graduate program you are interested in. Then, after completing your application in Apply Texas, select the "Check or Money order" button when you get to the “Certification and Payment Information” page to submit your application without payment.
I’ve been accepted for the fall semester already. Can I qualify for this scholarship?
No. New scholarship programs at TWU are created throughout the year. You cannot become eligible for a new scholarship program that did not exist when you first applied to TWU.
I’m interested in a program that’s not on the alumni scholarship degree list. Can I still apply for this scholarship?
Page last updated 3:56 PM, May 20, 2020