Pioneer Pact for Fall 2020
August 14, 2020 — DENTON — Designed as a reminder to the campus community, the Pioneer Pact states that everyone will do their part to protect themselves as well as others to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
All students who are on-campus or who visit campus are encouraged to become familiar with the pact. While it was initially created for residential students, all TWU students should understand the expectations of being on campus.
The pact states:
As members of the on-campus community at Texas Woman’s University, we must all work together to protect the health and safety of our fellow Pioneers. Each of us has a responsibility to follow safety measures and act responsibly in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 or other infections.
There are small steps each of us can take that will keep us healthy and allow us to move forward this academic year:
I promise to:
1. Protect myself
- Wash my hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Review the self-screening symptoms checklist daily.
- Stay home if I’m feeling sick or beginning to exhibit symptoms and complete the COVID-19 Self-Screening form.
- Consider whether I need to join large activities, especially if face coverings are not encouraged or required.
2. Protect others
- Wear appropriate face covering whenever I am not in my room.
- Maintain social distances in common areas; classrooms, dining hall, lobbies, etc.
- Wash my hands as I enter a new space.
- Encourage my friends to follow safe practices like wearing a face covering, using hand sanitizer, and social distancing when not in their
- Refrain from attending large events where high risk contact may occur.
I agree to abide by all federal, state and university guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Intentional or consistent failure to observe these guidelines could result in loss of housing [for residential students].
Page last updated 10:46 AM, August 14, 2020