Parking Decals on sale August 3
July 31, 2020 — DENTON — Parking decals for the Dallas and Denton campuses go on sale online Aug. 3 on the TWU Parking Portal. You will need to provide your vehicle’s description and license plate number when applying. After making your purchase, print the temporary permit in the portal and keep it in your vehicle until you receive your annual permit in the mail. The permit is valid for parking both on the Dallas and Denton campuses.
Please ensure your permit is affixed to your vehicle’s windshield (bottom passenger side) on the first day of fall classes on Aug. 24. Permits are good for the academic year and expire on Aug. 31, 2021. Parking permits are required to park on campus 7 a.m. - 9 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Denton campus parking changes
There are a few changes to parking on the Denton campus that you need to be aware of. Signs at the entrance to many parking lots will indicate which decals are permitted there, instead of colored curbs.
Specific designations include:
- FS C: Faculty/Staff and Commuter
- FSR: Faculty/Staff Reserved
- FS: Faculty/Staff Only
- R: Resident
- G: Denton Garage
Additionally, some lots are being reassigned as follows:
- Pioneer Lot (large lot north of the Dining Hall): R, with 10 FSR spots
- Jones Hall Lot (southeast corner of Bell/Administration Dr.): FSR only
- Woodcock Hall spaces (along Old Main Circle): 14 FSR spots
- Marketing Lot (southeast corner of Austin/3rd): FS
- ROTC Lot (east of Frame St., north of Schmitz Ave.): no decal required
- Pirtle Lot (623 Pirtle St., corner of Pirtle/Frame): no decal required
The two no-decal-required lots will provide 165 free parking spots on campus. Parking is available first come/first served. Parking at the remote off-campus lots, including the one at Denton Bible Church, has been suspended because we are unable to provide shuttle service due to social distancing requirements.
New temporary/daily permit options are available for online students who are on campus infrequently. Purchase of a temporary/daily permit does not guarantee a space, and refunds are not available.
- Temporary/Daily Denton surface lots and Dallas campus: $10*
- Temporary/Daily Denton garage: $16*
- Denton/Dallas Students: $70†
- Denton garage non-reserved (FS G): $350†
*new option in 2020-21 †no price increase in 2020-21
For more information about parking on campus, including information for motorcycles and ADA permits, visit the Parking website at twu.edu/parking, or contact the Parking Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-898-2925 (7 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F).
Page last updated 10:38 AM, August 4, 2020