TWU Student Health Insurance Plan
Texas Woman’s University sponsors an Injury & Sickness Insurance Plan underwritten by UnitedHealthcare and arranged by Academic Health Plans, Inc. Information is available on the website or call 855-AHP-CARE or 855-247-2273.
Online access allows you to:
- view and download complete plan description
- enroll in coverage and download temporary ID Card
- find a doctor or hospital
Undergraduate students taking nine (9) or more credit hours (3 hours in Summer) and Graduate students taking 6 or more credit hours are eligible to enroll in the Student Insurance Plan. All F-1 or J-1 Visa students are automatically enrolled in the Student Insurance Plan.
2019-2020 Coverage is Available Now!
View the plan brochure & a complete list of plan benefits & exclusions to enroll in a health plan.
Monthly Payment Plan Available for Annual Coverage
- $754 to enroll (covers 2 months)
- 10 monthly installments of $377 starting in September
PPO Plan with United Healthcare
- Freedom to see any in-network provider
- All Student Health Center Providers are in-network!
Essential Health Benefits Covered
- Office Visits
- Lab Services
- Emergency Services
- Ambulatory Services
- Genuine Financial Protection
Preventive Services Covered 100%
- Birth Control
- Annual Exams
- STI Screening Tests
Great Coverage at Student Health Center!
- $8 Co-Pay to see provider
- $10 Lab and Procedures
- No additional Charges - Deductible completely waived at Student Health Center!
FREE Virtual Doctor Visits Available on Smart Phone
FREE Student Assistance Program Available
- Legal Advice Available
FREE Access to Counseling via text/phone/video chat
For more information about using the Student Health Insurance Plan at the Student Health Services call us at 940.898.3846.
AHP Orientation – New Students (youtube video)
Page last updated 1:26 PM, June 24, 2019