Speech, Language & Hearing Clinic
Notice: The clinic is offering individual in-person and teletherapy sessions as well as in-person evaluations.
We are currently scheduling twice weekly sessions at 45 minutes per session for fall and spring semesters. The fee for individual therapy is $25 per session unless clients are eligible for discounted rates (see Fees for more information). See the Camps and Special Programs page for summer camp options and for information about individual therapy in the summer.
For more inquiries or to reserve therapy for the spring or summer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now seeking new clients
Our onsite speech, language and hearing clinic in Denton provides services to those in the community with speech, language, cognitive-communication, feeding or hearing difficulties. Services are offered during the day and after school. Depending on your relationship with the university, you may qualify for discounted rates.
To schedule an appointment, please email email@example.com.
TWU graduate students provide these services to the community as part of their education. They are supervised by TWU faculty members who are ASHA-certified and Texas-licensed speech-language pathologists and audiologists.
Services include assessment and intervention for both children and adults with all types of speech difficulty, including:
- Childhood apraxia of speech
- Adult apraxia of speech
- Voice disorders
- Foreign accent modification
Traditional and innovative assessments and interventions of language disorders are offered. Therapy is designed to meet the needs of individuals who have communication disorders such as:
- Language delay or disorder
- Auditory processing disorder
- Impairment due to progressive neurological conditions (i.e. MS, ALS, Parkinson's)
- Neurological impairment due to damage or trauma (i.e. stroke, closed head injury)
We use state-of-the-art equipment while assessing hearing in school-age children and adults under the supervision of a certified and licensed audiologist. Personal consultation and individual recommendations are provided following every evaluation.
Hearing testing and therapy services include:
- Adult and pediatric hearing assessments
- Screening for auditory processing disorders
- Auditory-verbal therapy for children with hearing loss
- Aural habilitation for users of cochlear implants and hearing aids
- Reading clinic for deaf students
Individual and group therapy is available for children with sensory-based or motor-based feeding disorders.
Page last updated 8:23 AM, April 8, 2022