SLIS Alumni Awards
Nominations are open Feb. 15 to March 15, 2019.
TWU SLIS Ann Barnett Service Award
The TWU School of Library and Information Studies is seeking nominations for the “Ann Barnett Service Award.” This $1,000 award recognizes exemplary service to the principles and purposes of librarianship and professional education as demonstrated by sensitivity and responsiveness to people’s needs.
- This service award recognizes alumni for outstanding contributions to librarianship, the community, TWU, or professional education.
- This award is given out one time annually but does not need to be awarded each year.
- Nominations will be archived for up to 1 year to be considered for this award.
- The award will only be given to alumni of TWU’s School of Library and Information Studies.
- Nominations will be solicited from alumni of TWU, any member of TWU’s administration, faculty or staff, and friends of TWU.
- Self-nomination is accepted.
- Nominators are required to complete a short profile about their nominee, with specific information about the nominee’s exceptional service, and at least one letter of support. Submit nominations to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AnnBarnett_2019
- A completed nomination may include supplementary supporting materials. Supporting materials may include additional letters of support, press coverage, newspaper clippings, magazine articles, awards or certificates of achievement, or any other items that support a nomination. Submit supporting materials to email@example.com.
- Nominations must be submitted to the TWU School of Library and Information Studies via the above survey link and email address by March 15, 2019.
- The winner of the award will be announced at the annual TLA conference.
TWU SLIS S. Janice Kee Continuing Education Award
The TWU School of Library and Information Studies is seeking applications for the “S. Janice Kee Continuing Education Award.” We will be giving out two of these awards this year! This $500 award was established in 1987 by native Texan and TWU alumnus, Sarah Janice Kee (1908-1998), for graduates who seek financial support for continuing education. S. Janice Kee had a remarkable library career which included time in military libraries during WW II, various state and public libraries, the U.S. Department of Education in Dallas, TX, and serving as Executive Secretary of ALA. She travelled extensively and, in 1971, received the first School of Library Science Alumnae Award for Merit from TWU for distinguished service in librarianship.
- The award is to help fund alumni’s continuing education or professional development opportunities.
- One award has been given annually but does not need to be awarded each year if there are no appropriate applications.
- Previous recipients of the award are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to applicants who have not received the award yet.
- Only alumni of TWU’s School of Library and Information Studies, who are not a current student at TWU SLIS, are eligible to apply for the award.
- Applications will be solicited from alumni of TWU through email, promotion on the TWU SLIS website, and social media.
- The award may be used for continuing education and professional development purposes, including conference travel, registration and costs, workshop registration; tuition and fees for courses; additional professional certifications or memberships; and any reasonable professional development opportunities.
- Applicants are required to complete a short profile about themselves and a narrative that describes their plans for the award and gives the selection committee some insight into their philosophy of and experiences in librarianship. Applications must be submitted to the S. Janice Kee Continuing Education Award here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SJaniceKee_2019
- Applications must be submitted to the TWU School of Library and Information Studies via the above survey link by March 15, 2019.
- The winners of the award will be announced at the annual TLA conference.
Page last updated 1:23 PM, February 11, 2019