Symposium Instructions for Poster Presentations
The Student Symposium does not require that posters follow a specific format. However, most posters are printed using the TWU printing services described below and the templates that are available through the Center for Faculty Excellence. However, faculty and students can exercise creativity when choosing the type and layout of the poster. Posters should be self-explanatory, allowing the viewer to enjoy and understand your presentation. Posters should be prepared with simple labels, large print, and a clear sequence from beginning to end and should include:
- Project title, researchers' names,
- Research question, objective or problem,
- Research theories, methods or procedures,
- Results and brief conclusions [bulleted lists are best].
Please work with your faculty sponsor to prepare your presentation.
Templates and Instructions
Campus Printing Services
Funding is available from TWU for the printing of your poster through an on-campus printing services. Because of the volume of presentations to the Student Symposium and Homecoming activities, it is strongly advised that you begin working with your choice of print facilities ASAP. The final file (ready to print) should be received by the printing service of choice approximately two weeks prior to the Symposium. The deadline for submitting the poster for printing is April 3, 2023.
Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE): Submit your poster file for printing through this form; hours for poster pick up from CFE are Monday – Friday 8am-4:30pm, Stoddard Hall 306 (Denton Campus). Contact Marli Creeach at (940) 898-3784 or email CFEgraphics@twu.edu
- The display board is 6’ x 5’ in size.
- Posters should be mounted on your assigned display board by the time your session begins.
- Pushpins (furnished on each display board) or Velcro must be used to hang your poster. You will not be allowed to use tape or staples.
- At least one author must be present with the poster during the entire session time.
- You may wish to have handouts available that provide an abstract or describe your research in more detail.
- A “photo team” may attend the poster sessions and request a photo of you with your poster. These photos will help TWU advertise the symposium and promote student research support at TWU.
- Dress professionally.
- Remove your poster from the display board as soon as your session has ended, so the next presenter can mount her/his poster.
- Be sure to invite your friends, family and faculty.
Page last updated 1:48 PM, April 12, 2023