A Bachelor of Science in Family Studies from TWU prepares you to interact with people of different ages and socioeconomic backgrounds to strengthen families and improve lives. Through this program, you’ll develop knowledge and skills to work effectively with people experiencing the effects of poverty, abuse, changes in family situations and more.
- Adoption and foster care agencies
- Social service agencies ranging from child to geriatric
- Outreach agencies
- Adult and child protection advocacy
Students can also choose the family studies occupational therapy (OT) track in order to prepare for a graduate-level program in occupational therapy.
How to Apply
- First, apply to TWU via ApplyTexas.org and choose Child Development as your major. You can check your status through the Office of Admissions Processing.
- Participate in undergraduate orientation. This is mandatory for all first-year and transfer students with fewer than 30 credit hours.
When you apply to TWU, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores. Admission to TWU is valid for four terms, unless you have attended another higher education institution.
Check out the links below for specific admissions information:
- How to apply
- Freshman Student Admissions
- Transfer Student Admissions
- International Student Admissions
- Other Types of Undergraduate Admissions
Questions about the admissions process? Contact the Office of Admissions Processing.
Family Studies at the CHEC
Collin County students may take TWU courses at the Collin Higher Education Center (CHEC). Junior- and senior-level courses leading to a bachelor’s degree in child development are offered each semester. The department plans to offer all major courses necessary to complete a bachelor’s degree in child development (with no emphasis) within a two-year rotation.
To register for classes at the CHEC, you must be a current TWU student in good standing and must have met any prerequisites necessary to take upper division courses.
For more information
Page last updated 12:24 PM, June 7, 2021