Dental Hygiene Clinic
Now seeking new patients
Looking for a low-cost option to getting a healthy smile? Check out the TWU Dental Hygiene Clinic.
Notice: The clinic is open for spring screening hours.
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 8:30–10:30 a.m. and 1:15–3:15 p.m.
- Thursdays: 8:30–10:30 a.m.
All screenings must have an appointment; no walk-ins will be accepted.
We offer FREE 30-minute screenings to adolescents and adults who have not been patients in our clinic in the past year. The screening helps us determine if you are a match for our services and our students.
At your screening appointment, we will determine if you are a candidate for the dental hygiene care offered in our clinic. Please note appointments in the clinic will be longer than those offered in a private dental office.
Interim TWU Dental Hygiene Clinic Protocol
COVID-19 has had an impact on all of us. We want to assure our patients that the Texas Woman’s University Dental Hygiene Clinic is taking all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our patients, students, and staff.
Safety has always been our number one focus, and we have always followed CDC and OSHA standards of infection control. Due to COVID-19, we are taking the extended measures recommended by the CDC and the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners to further protect all our patients and team with the following additional protocols.
- All individuals must wear a face covering when on the TWU campus.
- In compliance with the recommendations for public health, anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted on campus and should stay home. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- No other individuals may accompany a patient to an appointment unless they are needed for translation, a primary caregiver, or a parent of a minor child. These individuals must abide by the protocol below as well as complete the COVID -19 Consent Form, and COVID -19 Health Status Form, and be screened for an elevated temperature.
Before You Come:
- Call the Clinic to schedule an appointment for a free screening.
- Complete all necessary paperwork in advance of the appointment and either email them to DentalHygieneClinic@twu.edu prior to your visit or bring them with you at the time of your appointment.
- Patient Information Form or Formulario de Información al Paciente en Español
- Notice of Privacy Practices (English) or Notice of Privacy Practices (Spanish)
- HIPAA Consent Form (English) or HIPAA Consent Form (Spanish)
- Consent for Treatment
- COVID-19 Consent Form (English) or COVID 19 Pandemic Consent Form (Spanish)
- COVID-19 Health Status Form or Dental Hygiene COVID Health Status Form (Spanish)
On the Day of Your Appointment:
- When you enter the building, you must wear your face mask, and socially distance. This means remaining 6 feet away from others, including in our waiting area, in the building, and on the campus at large.
- You will be screened for elevated temperature and asked to sanitize your hands prior to entering the clinic.
Call 940-898-2888 for more information. TWU dental hygiene students provide these services to the community as part of their education.
Page last updated 1:55 PM, January 26, 2021