Classrooms: We’ve Got a Plan!
For the past three years, IT Solutions, with the support of Finance and Administration, has made substantial progress on the modernization of TWU classrooms on all three campuses. Following the creation of improved, easy to use, and cost effective classroom build standards, a seven year refresh cycle was established. With 210 classrooms across three campuses, 30 classrooms per year will be fully upgraded to one of four classroom technology standards. These standards are
- Core Classroom - The Core Classroom and it’s technologies will be found in most TWU Learning Environments
- Integrated Computer with Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
- Dual Monitors (Left Privacy and Right Displayed)
- Projector(s) and Screen(s) and/or Display(s) for In-room Video Enhancement
- Wireless Microphone(s) for In-room Audio Enhancement
- Integrated Amplifier and Room Speakers
- Integrated Room Microphone(s) for Conferencing and Recording
- Integrated Camera(s) for Conferencing and Recording
- Touch Panel for Room Technology Control
- Document camera
- HDMI Input for Connecting Personal Devices
- Screen Share for Wirelessly Connecting Personal Devices (Ditto or Solstice)
- Web Conferencing via Zoom
- Lecture Capture via Panopto
- Enhanced Classroom - The Enhanced Classroom includes the same technologies as the Core Classroom with the added capability to show two different inputs (right monitor, left monitor, HDMI, or Screen Share) on different Projectors/Screen and/or Displays in the Room.
- Active Learning Classroom - Active Learning Classroom includes the same technologies as the Core Classroom with the addition of an Interactive Display. It is the room's layout and furniture that really makes this room stand apart. The layout is designed to promote peer-to-peer collaboration and more direct contact with the instructor.
- Discipline Specific Learning Environment - Discipline Specific Learning Environment Technology is uniquely designed around the needs of a specific discipline. These are primarily seen in clinical areas, rehearsal spaces, or laboratories. They may or may not contain standard instructional technologies. The Learning Environments Team partners with departments to create and implement discipline specific technology solutions.
Page last updated 3:36 PM, July 25, 2023