Holiday festival returns to TWU
Nov. 7, 2022 – DENTON – After a three-year pandemic-related hiatus, a holiday celebration returns to the Texas Woman's University's campus on Dec. 6, 2022.
The five divisions of TWU's School of Arts & Design – dance, fashion, music, theatre, and visual arts – are joining forces to create the Circle of Light, an art-themed festival in and around Pioneer Circle between the Visual Arts Building and the Music Building. The Circle of Light will begin at 6 p.m. and is open to the public.
Among the attractions:
- There will be a photo booth, pop-up shops featuring a holiday market, and an area for children to decorate acrylic holiday ornaments.
- The grounds will be decorated with inflatable sculptures, pendant light fixtures, mannequins displaying traditional holiday clothing from different cultures, and interactive projections on the Art Building. Minerva, the statue in the center of Pioneer Circle, will be lit with festive colors.
- A 30-foot-square screen near the Ann Stuart Science Complex on the east side of Pioneer Circle will show screen performances from the division of Dance.
- There will also be hot chocolate and cookies.
- The Circle of Light will culminate with the annual A Very Merry Concert at 7:30 p.m. in the Margo Jones Performance Hall in the Music Building.
All events except the concert are free. Tickets to A Very Merry Concert are $10 general admission, $5 for students and seniors, and free for children under 12. Tickets for the concert are available online.
Digital Content Manager
Page last updated 10:38 AM, November 7, 2022