TWU Youth Program Requirements
The following is a brief summary of the requirements for all youth programs held on TWU campuses or sponsored/organized by TWU:
- Obtain background checks for all adult staff (anyone over the age of 18, including volunteers) meeting TWU’s background check requirements.
- Ensure that all adult staff/volunteers have completed a sexual abuse and child molestation awareness training and examination program approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Register your youth program with TWU Risk Management at least 15 days prior to the beginning of the program. You will be asked to provide information about the Youth Program including:
- Dates of background check and training completion for each staff member/volunteer
- Copies of parent/guardian waiver and authorization forms that will be used.
- Descriptions of procedures required by TWU requirements (e.g. emergency procedures, field trip procedures, participant pick up procedures, etc.)
- Copies of certificates of insurance for policies required by TWU.
- For youth programs with over 20 participants, lasting four days or more, program operators must also submit form EEH-28 to the Texas Department of State Health Services within 5 days of the start of the program.
Page last updated 3:12 PM, March 3, 2022