The Allsup-Lane Graduate Scholarships provide an annual stipend of $1000 for the academic year and with satisfactory performance may be renewed for a total period of three years or until completion of the degree, whichever occurs first. The number of available scholarships is determined annually. The criteria for awarding these scholarships are clearly delineated by the donor and are as follows:
- Outstanding scholarship
- Leadership accomplishments and potential
- Good academic standing
- American citizenship
These awards are intended primarily for graduate students majoring in an academic discipline in one of the liberal or fine arts, the natural sciences, or business studies. Graduate students from other disciplines may apply, but exceptions to the identified areas above will be made only in cases of exceptional merit.
How to Apply
Applications must include the following:
- Cover sheet with applicant’s full name, Colleague ID number, email, current address, telephone number, degree sought, and major
- Personal statement by the applicant addressing each of the selection criteria and identifying the degree to be sought at TWU
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic and/or leadership qualifications
- Submit applications through the TWU Pioneer Scholarship system
The Dean of the Graduate School will serve as the chair of the selection committee for the Allsup-Lane Graduate Scholarships.
Page last updated 2:32 PM, October 3, 2022