Faculty, university supervisors, and cooperating teachers/mentors are invited to nominate outstanding students for the following awards. Information should include your rational for nominating the student and how his/her work reflects high standards.Recommended Criteria for:
Outstanding Student Research
Nominated by faculty for outstanding work in at least two of the following areas:
- Professional paper
- MAT Portfolio
- Seminar in Literacy Research project
- Research seminar papers
- Student author published article (student is first author)
- Conference papers/conference proposals
- Other culminating papers or projects
Outstanding Student Teacher
Nominated by cooperating teacher or university supervisor for outstanding student teacher awards based on calendar year (Spring/Fall):
- Sustains classroom rapport that promotes learning
- Has the ability to design activities that engage students
- Maintains a clear classroom management plan
- Communicates and presents lessons effectively
- Encourages respect among students, teachers, staff and community
- Exhibits professionalism (including good attendance)
Outstanding Student Service
Nominated by faculty advisor for outstanding member of an organization. Please explain specific contributions made to any of the following organizations:
- Who's Who
- Mortar Board
- Golden Key
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society (Multidisciplinary Association)
- Outstanding Graduate Award
- Outstanding Undergraduate Award
- Beta Phi Mu National Honor Society (Library Science)
- Student Associations (GLISA, Graduate Library and Information Studies Association)
- Student Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- Chi Sigma Iota
- Family Sciences Association
- Child Life Organization
- Practicum student demonstrates effective administrative skills in communication and discipline.
- Practicum student understands and demonstrates how to effectively use the Texas Appraisal System.
- Practicum student demonstrates how to effectively employ the domains of the Texas Administrative Code.
- Nominated by site supervisor or faculty supervisor for the graduate intern award (including SLIS practicum, MAT internship candidates).
- Nominated by site supervisor or faculty supervisor for the undergraduate practicum award.
Students who have received the following scholarships for the current year will also be honored at the awards ceremony. Please submit the names of winners.
- Toulouse Scholarship
- McNair Scholars
- Honors scholar program
- Pi Delta Kappa
- Beta Phi Mu
- Taliaferro Scholarship
- Lillian Spicola Doctoral Scholarship in Reading
- Margaret Griffin Doctoral Scholarship Endowment in Reading
Page last updated 9:49 AM, February 21, 2017