Photocopying and Printing
Printing in black and white is free in the library. Printers are available on the first floor of the library, but any computer on the first, second, or third floor can print to them. Print jobs are displayed on touchscreen kiosks near the printers, and your print job is released from there to an available printer. Print jobs over 50 pages will be automatically rejected. If you need to print more than 50 pages, you will need to use the print options in the software you are using to break the print job into smaller page counts before printing.
Color printing is also available, at 40 cents per page. The computers on the first floor near the Reference Training Room can print to the color printer by selecting it in your software’s printer options. Select the option for color in the software being used. Once paid for, via an online credit card processing window that will open up, the color print jobs will print directly on the printer; they do not appear on the kiosks.
Printing to a GoPrint Kiosk:
- Use your software (Chrome, Word, Excel, Adobe, etc.) to select Print or Print Preview to make sure your document will print out the way you want it (e.g., landscape or portrait, etc.)
- Make any adjustments, ensure paper size is set to letter (8 1/2" x 11"), and then click Print.
- Print as many documents as you need, they will all be saved for you to print all at once. (Printer accepts no more than 50 pages per print job)
- Go to one of the GoPrint Kiosks, and tap your Portal user name.
- A new screen appears, listing your print jobs. Tap the ones you want to print. Check marks will appear next to them. (If you've decided not to print something, just leave it alone it'll eventually disappear.)
- Tap the bottom right of the screen where it says "Accept this print job".
- Your prints will come out at the printer noted on the print job. (Please note, if it's a large file, such as a PDF or PowerPoint, it may take several minutes to print. If you've been waiting a long time, come to the Information Desk on the first floor for assistance.)
Denton Printer Locations
- All printers are located on the first floor.
- There are 2 identical GoPrint Kiosks where print jobs are released to the printer.
- Mobile printing is available; print a PDF from any device. Go to https://tinyurl.com/printtwu for instructions.
Denton Installed Software
SPSS is installed on all computers.
First Floor: Nvivo is installed on some computers near the reference training room, as well as Nutritionist Pro.
Third Floor: Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, etc.) is installed on the 3 iMacs on the third floor as well as the 5 PCs in that same area. You will need an Adobe account to use them, but the account is free to create at https://account.adobe.com
Denton Photocopier Locations
First Floor: Copy machines are located near the printers. You will need Pioneer Dollars to utilize the copier.
- Black & white copies are 9 cents/page
- Color copies are 20 cents/page
Denton Scanning Locations
Scanners are available on the first, second, and third floors of the library. There are two high-quality book scanners located on the first floor.
- First Floor: Reference Area
- Second Floor: Adjacent to the Administration Office.
- Third Floor: Computer Workstation area.
Dallas Center Photocopying
- The Dallas Center Library has two photocopiers in the copy room located just inside the library.