Bachelor of General Studies
The Bachelor of General Studies program is a multidisciplinary program created to provide an undergraduate education of the highest quality, while offering the flexibility to complete a bachelor's degree online or in an on-campus classroom setting. Students who complete a BGS degree will gain a breadth of knowledge from areas such as management, social sciences, humanities, health sciences, and the arts.
This program is designed for those students who have completed the equivalent of the first two years of college (core requirements) and want to earn a bachelor's degree.
- Transfer previously earned hours, regardless of how long ago they were earned.
- Study with other non-traditional students in a supportive environment.
- Have access to faculty who have a depth of knowledge in their respective fields of study.
How to Apply
- Complete the Undergraduate Application to TWU online at applytexas.org and include the required application fee of $50.00. Specify major as the Bachelor of General Studies (Code 10102).
- Send official transcripts for each college and university attended to:
Office of Admissions Processing Texas Woman’s University P.O. Box 425649 Denton, Texas 76204
- Find out what to do after you have been accepted.
"I absolutely love the General Studies online degree program. It gives me the opportunity to study multiple fields of study and allows the flexibility of taking online classes while working full time and raising a family." - Kimberly Montgomery, BGS graduate