Bachelor of General Studies
Complete your bachelor's degree at TWU with our Bachelor of General Studies degree program.
This program is designed for those who have completed the equivalent of the first two years of college and want to earn a bachelor's degree -- including community college students seeking a four-year degree.
- Classes offered online, evenings, and regular daytime meetings.
- Pick two or three concentration areas from Business, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Dance Studies, English, Government, Sociology, Women's Studies (Online) or Art, History, Math, and Music (Campus only).
- Transfer previously earned hours, regardless of how long ago they were earned.
- Study with other nontraditional students in a supportive environment. At TWU, the average student is 31 years old. About 38 percent of our students come from minority populations.
Before You Apply
- Bachelor of General Studies Degree Requirements
includes Degree Requirements, TX Core Requirements, Core Curriculum, Transfer Policy, Core Competencies, & Forms.
- Concentration Areas
review the list of Concentration Areas and course descriptions.
How to Apply
- Complete the Undergraduate Application to TWU online at ApplyTexas.org and include the required undergraduate university application fee of $50. Specify your major as Bachelor of General Studies (code 10102), and the semester and year you expect to enter.
- Send official transcripts for each college and university attended to:
Texas Woman's University
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204
- BGS Checklist (webpage)
We are glad you asked! There are some very important steps to take once you have been accepted into the program. The BGS Checklist will help you!
- BGS Checklist [PDF]