Build Well Resources
- TWU Recycling - Find information on what can be recycled, schedules for pickup and a map of dumpster locations on campus
- Keep Denton Beautiful - A nonprofit that engages Denton neighborhoods, businesses, and residents of all ages in creating a clean and beautiful Denton.
- Public Transportation DCTA - The Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) is a coordinated county transportation authority that is committed to improving mobility, air quality, economic development and livability.
- Recycle to Support - Recycle 2 Support is a recycling company that focuses on the recycling of textiles (clothing, linens, blankets, backpacks, etc.) and small household items. Their goal is to prevent unwanted clothing and household items from ending up in landfills by providing a convenient and eco-friendly way of disposing of them. Recycle 2 Support is donating nine cents to Texas Woman’s University for every pound of clothing collected in the bins on campus.
The bins are located at the Guinn/Stark residence halls, Lowry Woods Apartments, and Parliament Village.
- North Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) - Seeks to create a regional transportation system that improves quality of life while reducing carbon emissions and air pollution. Promotes tools like TryParkingIt to incentivize walking, biking, public transportation, and carpooling in the DFW area.
- Bike Denton | BikeDFW | BikeHouston - Area organizations focused on advocacy, education, and resources to make it safer and easier for people to get around by bicycle. Each website features maps of bike routes
- Planning and Health Resources Guide for Designing and Building Healthy Neighborhoods (CDC) [pdf] - List of resources for people who want vibrant places where the healthy choice is the easy choice.
- Smart Growth America - Promotes community design that creates places that are healthy, prosperous, and resilient.
- Earth Day - Organization focused on ending plastic pollution, fighting climate change and protecting our natural resources. Promotes annual Earth Day events across the globe.
- League of American Bicyclists - Promotes bicycle-friendly design to improve community health, affordability, equity, safety, and sustainability. Smart Cycling curriculum teaches how to ride safely.
- America Walks - National organization focused on advocacy, education, and resources to make it easier and safer for people to get around by walking or mobility device.
Page last updated 9:46 AM, September 16, 2021