Out-of-State Complaint Contacts

If your home state (including the Virgin Islands) is not listed below, that is because your state is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement or SARA. If you file a complaint with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board or THECB, the THECB will notify your home state of your complaint on your behalf. The states listed below are not members of SARA, therefore, after exhausting all other steps of the complaint process, you can notify your state’s higher education agency listed below.


Department of Consumer Affairs

U.S. Territories

American Samoa

Board of Higher Education - No information available

Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands

Commissioner of Education - No information available

Federated States of Micronesia

Department of Education - No information available


Board of Regents - No information available

Republic of the Marshall Islands

Scholarship Grant and Loan Board - No information available

Republic of Palau

Bureau of Education - No information available

*Based upon the SHEEO (State Higher Education Executive Officers) “Compendium of (State Authorization) Laws and Regulatory Practices,” this summary was created with support from WCET’s (WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies) State Authorization Network. SHEEO and WCET collaborated in directing the work of NCHEMS (National Center for Higher Education Management Systems) in gathering, updating, and compiling the information.

Page last updated 12:43 PM, September 26, 2019