Professional Development Events
The Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology (TLT) will design workshops, on request, on topics related to teaching and learning using technology. In addition, we offer regularly scheduled workshops on a wide range of teaching and learning issues.
Canvas Transition Training
Training will be offered in face-to-face and online formats during the transition from Blackboard to Canvas. To view training opportunities, dates and registration details, visit the Canvas Transition webpage.
Designing Your Own Team-Based Learning Lesson
Presented by Dr. Sandra Westmoreland, Associate Professor of Biology
Friday, April 12, 2019 | 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.; Repeated 1 - 4 p.m. | Ann Stuart Science Complex, Room 153
Would you like to help your students apply course concepts to “real world” situations, while learning to use teamwork skills and critical thinking? Attend this workshop on Team-Based Learning and learn to design TBL lessons to use in your own class.
a Google Certified Educator Prep Course
April 25 – 26, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. | Pioneer Hall, Room 104
Register Today! | Registration Deadline: April 1 by 5 p.m.
Topics You Will Explore at the Google Certification Academy (GCA)
- Get to "Inbox Zero" with practical strategies for organizing and managing email.
- Explore the latest updates to Classroom and explore advanced instructional strategies.
- Get started with the NEW Google Sites and explore ideas for using Sites for project based learning.
- Explore the NEW Google Calendar and learn ways to improve lesson planning and scheduling.
- Create custom virtual field trips with Tour Builder and My Maps.
- Learn 10 tips for organizing Drive and digital grading strategies.
- Explore the top Chrome Apps and Extensions for your classroom.
Benefits of Attending
- 2 days of practical instruction
- Up to 11 continuing education credits (requirements vary by state)
- Exclusive study guides and sample questions
- Lunch and snacks on-site for both days
- Lifetime access to the GCA community
- Exclusive lesson templates you can take back to your classroom
- A detailed road map to finishing your certification
- Online course included!
The Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology is sponsoring the registration for any TWU faculty that would like to attend. For more information, email Teaching and Learning with Technology or call us at 940-898-3409.
Page last updated 3:35 PM, March 4, 2019